- Koori (or Koorie) in New South Wales and Victoria (Victorian Aborigines);
- Ngunnawal in the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding areas of New South Wales;
- Murri in Queensland and some parts of northern New South Wales;
- Murrdi in Southwest and Central Queensland;
- Nyungar in southern Western Australia;
- Yamatji in central Western Australia;
- Wangai in the Western Australian Goldfields;
- Nunga in southern South Australia;
- Anangu in northern South Australia, and neighbouring parts of Western Australia and Northern Territory;
- Yapa in western central Northern Territory;
- Yolngu in eastern Arnhem Land (NT);
- Bininj in Western Arnhem Land (NT);
- Tiwi on Tiwi Islands off Arnhem Land.
- Anindilyakwa on Groote Eylandt off Arnhem Land;
- Palawah (or Pallawah) in Tasmania.