BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY Alexander Twilight
|Born||September 23, 1795|
|Died||June 19, 1857 (aged 61)|
|Spouse(s)||Mercy Ladd Merrill|
Early life and education
Marriage and family
Legacy and honors
- Alexander Twilight House (1830), still stands across the street from the hall, and serves as headquarters for the Orleans County Historical Society. It is within the Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
- Athenian Hall (1834–36) is now operated by the Orleans County Historical Society as the Old Stone House Museum, and anchors the Historic District of Brownington. It was the first granite public building in Vermont.
- The Alexander Twilight Auditorium at Lyndon State College is named in Twilight's memory.
- Alexander Twilight Hall at Middlebury College was named in Twilight's memory.
- The Aspire Alexander Twilight College Preparatory Academy in Sacramento, CA was named in Twilight's memory. It opened in Fall 2009.