BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY
- 1996. Public Performances and Private Acts. Journal of Library and Information Science Education. http://www.jstor.org/pss/40324241
- 1996. The H-Journal: A Tool to Support Information Work. The New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia Applications and Research, Vol. 2, pp. 89 - 105.
- 2001. Learning Spaces in Digital Libraries. Lecture Notes in Computer Science With Terence Smith, Olha Buchel, and Richard Mayer. Also presented and published in theEuropean Conference on Digital Libraries, Frankfurt, Germany. http://www.springerlink.com/content/4ga5g6cmfb65282p/
- 2001. The Alexandria Digital Library Earth Prototype. With Terence Smith, Greg Janee, James Frew. Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=379463
- 2002. Scientific Models as Works. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly. Vol. 33, Iss 3-4, pp. 129 - 159. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J104v33n03_07#preview
- 2002. Interdisciplinarity: The Road Ahead for Digital Library Education. D-Lib Magazine. http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july02/coleman/07coleman.html
- 2002. The Design and Evaluation of Interactivities in a Digital Library. D-Lib Magazine. http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november02/coleman/11coleman.html
- 2002. Interactional Digital Libraries. With Maliaca Oxnam. Journal of Digital Information.
- 2003. How Can Classificatory Structures be used to improve science education? With Olha Buchel. Learning Resources & Technical Services Vol. 42, Iss. 1, pp. 4 - 15.http://www.ala.org/alcts/sites/ala.org.alcts/files/content/resources/lrts/archive/47n1.pdf
- 2004. "A Code for Classifiers": Whatever Happened to Merrill's Code? Knowledge Organization Vol. 31, pp. 161 - 76.
- 2004. Guide to Selecting and Cataloging Quality WWW Resources for the Small Library. Fairfield, CA; Learning Resources Association of California Community Colleges.
- 2004. Bricoleurs: exploring digital library evaluation as participant interactions, research, and processes. With Laura M Bartolo, Casey Jones. Joint Conference on Digital Libraries.
- 2004. Digital Libraries and User Needs: Negotiating the Future. With Tamara Sumner. Journal of Digital Information.
- 2005. From Cataloging to Metadata: Dublin Core Records for the Library Catalog, co-published in Metadata: a Cataloger's Primer, edited by Richard Smiraglia & in Cataloging and Classification Quarterly Vol. 40, Iss. 3/4. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J104v40n03_08#preview
- 2005. Open Access Federation for Library and Information Science. D-Lib Magazine. http://www.dlib.org/dlib/december05/coleman/12coleman.html
- 2005. Instruments of Cognition: Use of citations and web links in online teaching materials. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology Vol. 56, Iss 4, p. 382 - 392. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.20125/abstract
- 2005. Impact: the last frontier in digital library evaluation. With Laura M Bartolo, Casey Jones. Joint Conference on Digital Libraries.
- 2005. Copyright transfer agreements and self-archiving. With Cheryl Knott Malone. Joint Conference on Digital Libraries.
- 2006. William Stetson Merrill and Bricolage for Information Studies. Journal of Documentation. Vol. 62 Iss: 4, pp.462 - 481. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=1563477
- 2006. A Common Sense Approach to Defining Data, Information, and Metadata. With Dimitri Dervos. Knowledge Organization for a Global Learning Society: Advances in Knowledge Organization.
- 2006. Competing Information Realities: Digital Libraries, Repositories, and the Commons. (Panel presentation with Donald Kraft, Edie Rasmussen and Samantha Hastings. SIG DL & Panel Chair and organizer: Coleman) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/meet.14504301134/abstract
- 2007. Self-Archiving and the Copyright Transfer Agreements of ISI-Ranked Library and Information Science Journals. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology Vol. 58 Iss. 2, pp. 286-296.
- 2007. Assessing the Value of a Journal beyond the Impact Factor. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Vol. 58, Iss. 2, pp. 286 - 296.