BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY
|King of the Zulus|
|Reign||17 September 1968 – present|
|Coronation||3 December 1971|
|Predecessor||Cyprian Bhekuzulu kaSolomon|
|House||House of Zulu|
|Father||Cyprian Bhekuzulu kaSolomon|
|Born||July 27, 1948 |
Wives and children
- maDlamini (born Sibongile Winifred Dlamini), married 27 December 1969] at St Margaret's Church, Nongoma.
- Prince Lethukuthula Zulu (by Queen Sibongile MaDlamini), born 1970.
- Princess Nombuso Zulu (by Queen Sibongile MaDlamini) owner of Durban based, Ilembe Catering Services,born 1973.
- Ntombizosuthu Ka Zwelithini Duma (by Queen Sibongile MaDlamini) a businesswoman who co-owns Strategic Persuasions and Zamalwandle Transport Logistics with her husband. Born 1979, Married to Mbongiseni Duma, a Johannesburg based business man.
- Princess Ntandoyenkosi Ka Zwelithini Ngcaweni (by Queen Sibongile MaDlamini), an Asset Manager at the Public Investment Corporation(PIC), born 1982. Married to Busani Ngcaweni, who heads the office of the Deputy President of the Republic Of South Africa, Deputy President Kgalema Motlante.
- Princess Snethemba Bati Zulu (by Queen Sibongile Dlamini), born 1989, currently pursuing a degree in International Relations, at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Buthle MaMathe, born c1951. In May 1996, she and her daughter were seriously wounded in an assault during which they were clubbed, stabbed and shot.
- Princess Sibusile Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe), born 1972.
- Princess Nandi Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe), born 1977, married (civil) 6 December 2002 in St John's Cathedral, Mthatha by Bishop Sitembele Mzamane inMthatha and (traditional) 7 December at the Thembu Great Place near Qunu, to Chief Mfundo Bovulengwa Mtirara, born 25 March 1973, Acting Deputy Paramount Chief of the Thembu from 2000, Chief of the Matye'ngqina Traditional Authority Area.
- Prince Phumuzuzulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe - Phumuza, named after his Great Grandfather King Phumuzululu kaDinuzulu, son King kaCetshwayo
- Prince Shlobosenkosi Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe) born 1988 is currently an 11th Grade student at Kearsney College in Botha's Hill, Durban.
- Mantfombi Dlamini, born 1956, daughter of Sobhuza II of Swaziland and sister of Mswati III, married 1973.
- Prince Misuzulu Zulu (by Queen Mantfombi), born 23 September 1974 in Kwahlabisa, KwaZulu-Natal, is currently pursuing a degree in International Studies inJacksonville, Florida, and is a strong candidate for Zwelethini's successor. He is unmarried and has one son.
- Princess Ntandoyesizwe Zulu (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1976, married 13 April 2002 at Enyokeni Royal Palace, Nongoma, to Kgosi Oupa Moilwa, Chief of the Bahurutse Bagamoilwa. Civil ceremony July 11, 2004 in Pongola.
- Princess Lomkhosi (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1982, fiancee Melusi Moyo
- Princess Bukhosibemvelo, (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1985, married Sipho Nyawo, who paid 120 cows as part of ilobolo for the Zulu princess.
- Prince Lungelo (by Queen Mantfombi), a student at Michaelhouse boarding school
- Prince Mandlesizwe (by Queen Mantfombi)
- Prince Bizwekhaya (by Queen Mantfombi)
- Prince Masikomahle (by Queen Mantfombi)
- Thandi (born Thandikela Jane Ndlovu).
- Nompumelelo Mchiza, married 25 July 1992.
- Zola Zelusiwe Mafu, born c 1986, betrothed 2006, married 2014.
- Prince Nhlendla (by Queen LaMafu)