BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY
At his Denver Broncos Ring of Fame ceremony in 2010.
|Date of birth:||July 4, 1942|
|Place of birth:||New Haven, Connecticut|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||196 lb (89 kg)|
|NFL draft:||1967 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Pro Football Hall of Fame
College Football Hall of Fame
- 1964: 157 carries for 874 yards and 9 TD. 17 catches for 257 yards and 1 TD.
- 1965: 193 carries for 1065 yards and 14 TD. 21 catches for 248 yards and 1 TD.
- 1966: 162 carries for 811 yards and 12 TD. 13 catches for 86 yards and 2 TD.
Awards and honors
- The number 44 was retired by the Syracuse football program on November 12, 2005, to honor Little, Ernie Davis, and Jim Brown, and the eight other players who wore the number.
- On August 7, 2010, Little was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame alongside Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Russ Grimm, Rickey Jackson, John Randle, and Dick LeBeau.
- On September 15, 2011, the New Haven Athletic Center, billed as the largest scholastic athletics facility in New England, was renamed the Floyd Little Athletic Center.