Thursday 23 January 2014

BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY : AFRICAN AMERICAN " TONI NEWMAN " THE TRANSFORMATION OF TONI NEWMAN - FROM A MALE HOPEFULLY TO A FEMALE : G INTO

Toni Newman - I Rise: The Transformation of Toni Newman

"I began my transition around 28 and had no support whatsoever. My family rejected me completely and my gay friends at the time did not understand or support my decision. I basically was all alone when I started my transformation process. I remember feeling all alone but I knew in my heart and soul I had to do it to be happy. For the first 6 months I lived off my savings and hardly spoke to anyone from my background. I prayed a lot since I was from Christian upbringing and background. I doubted my decision so many times but I knew deep within this was the only way for Toni Newman to be happy and real."

"There are only 3 African-American transgenders to write memoirs in the United States and the last one was almost 20 years ago. I wanted to tell the story and life of a African-American transgender in America and how we survive and exist in society."





















































No comments:

Post a Comment