Monday 27 January 2014

BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY : AFRO-BRITISH " MISS DYNAMIX " FORMED AS A GIRL BAND AT THE X-FACTOR TALENT SHOW GOES INTO THE " HALL OF BLACK GENIUS "


















































                               BLACK                SOCIAL             HISTORY                                                                                                                                                                                             Newly formed urban girl band Miss Dynamix originally auditioned separately. SeSe was part of the group Dynamix with two other fellow band members, and Jeanette and Rielle auditioned separately in the girls’ category. The judges saw something special in each of them and thought that they were far too talented to let slip from the competition, so Gary decided to put them together at the end of Boot camp.
Despite only being together for 8 hours, the girls blew the judges away in their Bootcamp audition with their rendition of We Found Love by Rhianna and they stole a seat from Tenors of Rock in the last stage of the competition.
In preparation for the Judges’ Houses the girls all moved into SeSe’s house, even sharing a bed, and they all agreed that the transition from solo artists to a band has been ‘really easy and fun’ and they ‘laughed so much together’.
On their performance at Judges’ Houses:
Jeanette: “To be honest, I couldn’t look them in the eye after audition, I felt like I’d let them down so badly. Just because it’s one thing when you’re practising and it sounds alright and you get there and there’s so many people – it’s just a different feeling. Obviously we’re never satisfied with what we do.”
On finding time to rehearse for Judges Houses’ after only being put together at
Bootcamp:
Jeanette: We didn’t have more than three weeks. There was Bootcamp for two days, then we went home. Literally in total we had spent about 10 days together.
On getting through to the live shows:
Jeanette: It felt like Gary paused for an hour. He said, ‘I don’t know if it’s going to work’ and I just looked down. I didn’t think we were through. I couldn’t even look him in the eye. Afterwards I was like, ‘Gary, you nearly killed me! Don’t do that to us again!”
Rielle: I was crying before we even got up there. I didn’t feel it had gone well.
SeeSee: When he said it, I just fell to the ground. I couldn’t hold it together.
Jeanette: We have cried a lot. They did a compilation of us crying and it was pretty long. We need therapy!
On being grateful to Gary for giving them a chance:
SeeSee: I was going to kiss his hand but I chickened out.

Jeanette: Nicole told us it wasn’t working. I’m sure she had decided who she wanted and didn’t want. If Gary had not taken a second look and thought, ‘There’s something there’, we wouldn’t be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment