Thursday 23 January 2014

BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY : AFRICAN AMERICAN " KYLA ALISSA PRATT " IS AN AMERICAN ACTRESS, KNOWN FOR HER PERFORMANCES IN FILMS AND TELEVISION SERIES, SUCH AS BARNEY & FRIENDS, LET'S STAY TOGETHER : GOES INTO THE " HALL OF BLACK GENIUS "

                                    BLACK                  SOCIAL                  HISTORY                                                                                                                                                                                                              Kyla Alissa Pratt  born September 16, 1986 is an American actress, known for her performances in films and television series, such as Barney & FriendsLet's Stay TogetherThe Proud FamilyOne on OneBarney's Great AdventureDr. Dolittle and its subsequent sequels, Fat AlbertHotel for Dogs, and The Proud Family Movie.

Personal life

Pratt was born in Los Angeles, California the oldest of five children of Kecia Pratt-McCullar, a schoolteacher, and Johnny McCullar, a semi-professional basketball player.
She dated B2K member J-Boog from late 2001 to early 2003, and even played his love interest in the B2K video What A Girl Wants. While working on One on One, she dated her co-star Robert Ri'chard from late 2003 to early 2006.
Pratt gave birth to a daughter, Lyric Kai Kilpatrick, on November 17, 2010. Lyric's father is Danny "KP" Kilpatrick, a songwriter, hip-hop artist, and well-known tattoo artist. Kyla says "I am getting married but not yet, the best thing about my relationship [with rapper Danny Kirkpatrick a.k.a. Compton] is that we are both on the same page."
In a 2013 interview with writer Lathleen Ade-Brown, Kyla Pratt expressed the joy of labor pains: "“I didn’t want to leave the hospital after giving birth because I didn’t want the moment to end. I’m pregnancy lady, I love pregnant people, I have four godchildren, I love babies. So going into labor, I’m one of those positive people who have positive thoughts and I tell myself everything is going to go fine. I recently told someone the other day that I enjoyed labor. They thought I was crazy!” I went into labor and I didn’t know I was in labor until a couple of hours later. The contractions weren’t what I expected. I expected them to be really strong and then go away but they stayed constant, so I called my doctor and was told to get to the hospital right away. I got an epidural. I loved the hospital, I loved the nurses. My epidural wore off halfway through, so I got to feel what labor is. Yet having her was an unreal moment. Like, what? Oh my gosh! It wasn’t too bad, just a couple of pushes and my mom was like “wow, you’re good at this!” We have been inseparable ever since. I was the only mother in the hospital that was up and going everywhere with my baby and the nurses, watching everything they were doing with her. It was a painful experience but it was the most beautiful thing ever. People have a lot of kids because they forget about the pain. I really plan on having more kids in the future because labor doesn’t scare me; it was great."

Career

Acting career

Pratt began acting at age 8, appearing in commercials for an interactive computer game and Nike. She performed in an episode of Friends, followed by roles in Smart GuySister, SisterFamily MattersLizzie McGuireMoesha, and The Parkers.
In 2001, she won the role of Breanna Barnes in the UPN series One on One (2001–2006). During the run of One on One, Pratt also voiced Penny Proud, the lead character in the Disney Channel animated series The Proud Family. She also voiced the character for The Proud Family Movie in 2005. In addition to television roles, Pratt has also appeared in several feature films including Love and Basketball (2000) and Fat Albert (2004). She was Maya Dolittle in Dr. Dolittle (1998) and Dr. Dolittle 2 (2001), both of which starred Eddie Murphy. She reprised her role as Maya Dolittle (now the lead character) in the direct-to-DVD releases of Dr. Dolittle 3 (2006), Dr. Dolittle: Tail to the Chief (2008) and Dr. Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts (2009). In 2009, Kyla Pratt co-starred along Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin in Hotel for Dogs. Pratt joined the cast of BET's Let's Stay Together in its second season.

Singing career

As a member of the Disney Channel Circle of Stars, Pratt performed a cover version of "Circle of Life" that appeared on the Disney Mania 2 album. She also sang "It's All About Me", for the series soundtrack for The Proud Family. She sang "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" with the Disney Channel Stars.






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment